<VV> Steering wheel wanted

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Thu Mar 3 07:28:54 EST 2005

Another way to get the color you want AND a feel and grip that are superior
to that of the original wheel (not suitable for concours competitors) is to
just cover your wheel with a steering-wheel cover in the color of your
choice. I've used Clark's $8 product (in red) and it's quite serviceable,
but after some years it got a bit faded from the sun, so I ordered a
Wheelskins product (size 1A, their smallest for the diameter in question)
also in red, and I'm delighted with it. Takes about an hour to sew on. This
item was loose on the bare wheel, but when I put the Clark's product back on
the wheel, the result was JUST right to fill things out under the Wheelskins
product. You CAN measure your steering wheel and report the results directly
to Wheelskins, and they will make you a custom size to fit precisely for no
more cost than one of their standard sizes.
     Much as I like authenticity and originalness, I wouldn't take it in
exchange for the feel AND appearance I have with my present setup described
above. Expect to spend about $30 for the Wheelskins, maybe $35 with
shipping.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C