<VV> Big Bad Evil Engine Question

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Thu Mar 3 20:50:10 EST 2005

Well Ryan, it's important to know your objectives.  Do you want  to make lots
of power? How long do you want it to last?  Do you need  perfect daily
driveability or is this more of a drag racer?
You can buy stuff that makes it breathe more air (cam, valve, turbo,
exhaust, intake).  You can buy stuff that permits it to spin faster (and  thus
breathe more air).  You can do things to improve durability.  It  all depends on
your goals and your budget.  Have you read Bob Helt's  "The Classic Corvair"
which goes into all of these options in some  depth?
So, what are your goals?
Craig (goal oriented) Nicol

<snip> I'm at a loss for some things.  I've ended up  with my
final plan for my car, and it includes a hopped up
turbo.   I want 30 over, hi-tech pistons, roller
rockers, medium cam (hotter than  stock,
anyhow)...things like that.

But here's the thing...I don't  know what kinds of
things I NEED.  There's SO many parts and  little
things that I don't realize that are there when I'm
making my  list. Ryan Verthein <unsnip>