<VV> Market Value

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Mar 3 21:47:14 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/3/2005 6:25:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
chelvis at camano.net writes:

Assuming  that this car is in very good to excellent  condition, how many of
my
$$$ should it take for me to see it parked in my driveway. I know that  this
can
be wildly variable, so providing a price range would be helpful  as I figure
out
whether I should be planning a  trip.

Thanks.

Bill Chellis

Bill - It is even harder for me to estimate a price than for someone  with a
photo in front of them. Three questions come to mind.

1) Are you looking for a show car? That is what this is. Not a daily  driver.
2) Does the car have any rust - Look around the windshield and at the
bottoms of the rockers and doors and under the carpets.
3) Is the paint "good enough" for you - as is?

#1 is the most important - If you want a show car, and will maintain it as  a
show car - That means graraged every night! Then you should be willing to pay
 more up front, even if you actually get less utility out of it, because you
won't have day-to-day maintenance!  If you're going to drive it, you will
have to spend money to regularly maintain it.

#2 If you cannot adequately analyze the rust issue, find someone who  can.

#3 - This will be your decider, I'll bet. A new complete paint job,
especially in red, is very expensive. If it is good enough, then you will be  paying
for the paint job in the price of the car, and you can afford to pay  more.

And If you really just need a red convertible right now, no price is too
much to pay!

If it is very nice, and well maintained, probably a $10,000 car, maybe
$12,000 . If it has actually won any prestigeous events - up from that.

Seth  Emerson

(Former owner of Senior Division Concours car, no current show car)
_Sethracer at aol.com_ (mailto:Sethracer at aol.com)
C's the day!  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette