<VV> recent threads-- clarification

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri Mar 4 07:27:38 EST 2005

Folks

I expected to be taken to the woodshed for my post of last night. I said I
would let the discussion cool, and I will. I just wanted to clarify a couple
of things.

I said in part:
 Our directors haven't offered much feedback to our recent discussions..I
certainly am not surprised by this.

I didn't expect any director(s) to come on and rebut me point by point.  All
I expected was for one or more who we know are here to say "we are listening
to the discussion"  and/or "these issues are currently being discussed, or
are to be discussed by the Board" just so we knew we weren't preaching to
ourselves.  As for the BoD forum not being open, I didn't think it was, and
don't  expect it to be. But I don't believe topics currently under
discussion, or perhaps to be discussed are Top Secret issues either.  Not
even the US Senate is a secretive deliberative body.

Seth mentioned in his reply that some of the ideas mentioned were a course
abandonded when membership last went down. Since the idea of 100% membership
in chapters was not adopted, among others in discussion at the time, I don't
understand why membership went down as a result of those ideas.  The last
thing I remember causing a drop in numbers was the last dues increase, which
had to be done IMO, and with which I had no arguement, though many members
did.

As far as the Canopy issue is concerned,  it has been an under-utilized and
apparently mis-managed asset. I think our discussion has helped rectify that
situation. The Current Board cannot be expected to answer for a director no
longer in its ranks, and that was not my intention. More than one or two
current directors were on the Board  for this expenditure, and I don't
believe they liked me harping on it.  To me the expenditure is water long
under the bridge, let's see that this asset is better managed and utilized!!

I NEVER asked a member to "throw out" Directors who didn't abide by "each
and every recommendation" made in this forum.  For me to suggest that would
have been ludicrous.  What I was trying to say was that since we know that
most of the Directors read our forum,  when the discussions regard the club,
it's policies, or decisions to be made by the BoD,  a little feedback here
would be nice.....It lets us know our voices are being heard.  And if said
Directors don't think it's important to do that, perhaps other people who
could fill the job just might.  THAT'S ALL.... This isn't Ebbets Field,
nobody said "throw the Bums out"....

When you shoot from the hip, sometimes you hit, and sometimes you miss.  If
there's a ricochet, and I get nailed, I want it to be for something I said,
not something I didn't, or that was interpreted 100% wrong.

Everyone enjoy their weekend!!  I intend to take the EUM on a long,
lesiurely Sunday morning cruise, and remind myself that,

THAT'S WHAT THE CLUB IS ABOUT!!!

Hank