<VV> recent threads

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Mar 4 02:14:42 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/3/2005 10:10:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kaczmarek at charter.net writes:

2. I  wonder if the Directors who monitor this list are listening. More
importantly,  are they taking notes??  And if indeed they are, will they discuss
some  of the outstanding ideas that our members have put  forth??
We are listening, at least I can speak for myself and a few other directors
with whom I have discussed items.

Our  directors haven't offered much feedback to our recent discussions..I
certainly  am not surprised by this.

You had an official reply on the Corsa Kiosk. Your personal dispute with  the
former director is not a subject for the current Corsa Board, sorry! It is
like watching a car wreck.

3.  Is the club communicating well to the members??  Much of  the talk  on
the Kiosk/Canopy came out as folks didn't know  about it, and didn't  know they
could use it.  A former director comes on and says it has been  mentioned
often, (and it may have Rob, but I personally don't remember myself,  no shot at
you personally of course)  which is seconded by Madame  Presidente.
Outstanding!!! We have consensus!!   But it  appears that those mentions went un-noticed
by many more people than those who  noticed!!
That is not true - A few vocal non-lurkers who don't remember the postings
are outnumbered by the actual usage of the Canopy. Like many other tasks, the
board has to prioritize the things we do, and the costs we address. Was the
purchase of the canopy a good thing or a bad thing? - You might as well
discuss the Louisiana Purchase, that is as much effect as the discussion will  have
at this point. If your intent is to embarrass the now-ex director  who
"pushed" the project, go do it and leave the current Board out of the  discussion.
How the Canopy is being handled - right now - is certainly fair  game. It is
located where it is because of the 05 Convention, which was the next  regularly
scheduled usage, but that is certainly open to the request of local  clubs, who
will man the display where they desire. It will probably make at  least one
appearance before the Portland affair.

This  belies the question,  is the Board communicating effectively, or does
the  membership not interpret what has been communicated?? Now THERE's
something  for the Board to ponder.
We ponder it all the time. The Board can be absolutely ponderous at times.
We cannot shove the communication down peoples throats. Many people feel the
Corsa info portion of the Communique is already too big. See Mike McGowans note
 in the new issue.

4.  I think that for the time being, an awful lot of  opinions were put out.
on membership, on asset management, on alternatives to  membership, for ways
to raise revenue with the current membership of chapters,  means to promote
recruitment on non club sanctioned events.  To those who  gave their opinions,
remember that you did.

Many of those suggestions are already in discussion among the Board  members.
That is not an open forum, sorry. Of course, any Board member can  choose to
respond if they want. There is no restriction or requirement. I have
responded to several people who have asked questions and made suggestions. When  I
think it is important for VV to hear it, I respond to VV as well as the person
who asked/suggested - i.e. this missive.

Obviously many of the directors, and our President monitor this  forum.  Wait
for feedback between now and the election. If a sitting  director who is
running for re-election doesn't contact you, or we don't see  anything in our
forum letting us know that our voices were heard, IMO, Vote  Accordingly!!!
Perhaps the new candidates will be more receptive, and/or more  willing to offer
feedback.

The Board (candidates as well as incumbents) should evaluate all  inputs,
including their own, and decide on the basis of what is best for Corsa.  I
believe that with maybe a few prior exceptions, the Board has always behaved  that
way. It will only be as good as your twelve representatives can make it  -  no
better.

Now  I am sure our sitting directors are wishing to God that I would shut up.
  So I will. The ball was placed squarely, BY YOU ALL, in THEIR
laps....Let's see what, if anything, they do with it.
I see some suggestions, several with good insight, several proposing the
exact course we abandoned  years ago when it drove Corsa Membership down.
(Mandatory membership, etc.) So if the Board doesn't follow each and every  reco
mmendation, you should throw us out?  Good Luck!

Going to lurk for awhile, before a Board "contract"  is  put out on me. <G>
Sorry to disappoint you, Hank - We have severe budget restrictions,  you
know! <G>

Regards
Hank

- Thanks for the input!

Seth  Emerson
Western Division Director - through  2006