<VV> Flip Side of CORSA Membership

Keith Hammett khammett at stainlessfab.com
Fri Mar 4 09:33:54 EST 2005

All right trouble maker Bob.  (ggg)

I have already seen a post that indicated that a local club has a reduced
rate for members wishing only to receive a newsletter (The Dry Spot, how
much might get some more members).  If you want to push the 100% both way
membership why not include a tier system of membership.  The tier could be:

National Member w/ newsletter & local member w/ newsletter
National Member w/o newsletter & local member w/ newsletter
National Member w/o newsletter & local member w/o newsletter
National Member w/o newsletter & local newsletter only
National Member w/ newsletter & local member w/o newsletter
National Member w/ newsletter & local newsletter only
National newsletter & local newsletter (no other benefits than what the
public enjoys)

There are several options there, is any one of them right I don't know.  Is
some of them wrong, probably if not all for some people.

As far as My being a CORSA member and not belonging to a local club.  This
would depend on how you define "local".  As some have posted if CORSA
required you to belong to a "local" club of your choosing (not necessarily
in your area) then I DO belong to a "local" club as well.  As a member of
Corvanatics I have never been to a meeting (even though I was at Lexington,
had to do "fun" stuff with kids) but I do benefit from the newsletter.

You are correct that I have not been to many Corsa events (only 1 in ten
years).  Maybe if there was a tier group, or I had a running vair.....  The
main reason I joined Corsa was to receive the newsletter, I was told that it
had a lot of tech tips in it.  I also enjoy the added benefit of seeing
other corvairs and their owners ideas.  I joined Corvanatics after I
purchased my Rampside, again for the tech tips and ideas that are not in the
Communique.

As with most hobbies, they cost money!  If you enjoy it and you are not
forced to do it, then you will not mind spending the money.  I look at my
corvairs as a hobby and when they no longer are fun, don't have a place for
them, or I am forced to do something I don't want to do then I will move on.
Maybe a garden railway is next, or that ride on train I always wanted as a
kid (corvair powered ?), or ......

Make it Fun, They will Come.

Keith (devil advocate) Hammett
Member CORSA, Corvanatics