<VV> question about 1965 4 speed differential

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 4 21:44:39 EST 2005

John,

The splines Bob is talking about are in the Differential, not the
transmission.  The splines on the long fixed shaft sticking out of the
transmission engage these splines on the inside of the differential pinion
shaft.  If you're looking from the end that mates with the tranny, the
bottom leg of the "L" shape you're looking for will be farthest away from
you as you peer down the inside of the pinion shaft.  If you don't see the
"L" shape, and the splines appear square and a uniform thickness down their
entire length then you've got a good shaft and you're in business.

Regards,
Joel