<VV> Vendors on the Board

GYoungwolf at aol.com GYoungwolf at aol.com
Sun Mar 6 09:54:33 EST 2005

To hopefully put an unintended thread-starter to bed... (fat chance :-):
 First, I apologize for sending what was intended to be a private note to Lon
Walls on vendors and the board to the list. I obviously did something wrong
when I thought I
deleted the VV address. I realized my mistake when I saw the next digest.
 Secondly, it was several of elections ago that I was asked to consider
running for
one of the eastern seats on the BOD. I was totally self-employed at the time
and
had a very flexible schedule (unlike today). I asked the person on the BOD
who
asked me as to whether being a vendor would be a conflict of interest. They
supposedly checked with some other board members and got back to me that
it would not be a good idea. I really didn't have a burning desire to serve
(but
was willing to help in the absence of others, or to be some fresh meat), so I
ust let it drop. It wasn't, and still is not, a killer issue with me. Vendor
members
could easily abstain from voting on issues which affect them.
 Finally -- guys and gals -- I think many people are taking this whole CORSA
membership thing much too seriously. Not that it is not important -- just that
it is, after all, a car club.....the more who join, the more effective and
useful it can be. It is certainly not beyond the means of anyone who owns a
Corvair to join, and anyone who refuses to join on some principle or due to some
gripe probably has no business in a hobby whose existence is based on the
"love" of the car and enjoying being with others who feel the same. To make it more
than that is simply a waste of time.....(IMHO :-)
Grant