<VV> Turbo Questions!

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon Mar 7 13:18:58 EST 2005

At 08:39 hours 03/06/2005, Yenko119 at aol.com wrote:
>WARNING: The sender's mail server or IP Address is blacklisted by
>http://www.spamcop.net/ . Please notify sender's ISP.
>
>I have run across the following Vair turbo parts and can't put my hands on
>any of my reference books currently. Anybody put names and years for the
>following?
>
>#3830651
>
>#3817254
>
>#3856709
>
>I have tried Clark's "decoder-ring" and they don't list them!
>
>Thanks!

The first two don't ring bells immediately, but 3856709 is what's on a late
'65-'66 turbocharger inlet housing.    That was the only number used on the
late housings.   Got a couple in the basement.

I *think* the 3830651 is one of the early model turbo inlet housings.  They
had several different numbers although they were all pretty much he same
basic part as I recall... I think.   Someone correct me if I'm off-base on
the 3830651 housing.

I did a brief check on some stuff laying around and according to what I dug
up, 3817254 is also an early turbo inlet housing.   Not sure about that
either,  but that's what was in a message I'd archived (I save stuff like
this).

tony..