<VV> Front rebuild: Pull crossmember or not?

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 7 15:23:59 EST 2005

David,

I think you'll find it easier to remove and replace the upper and lower
arms safely with the suspension in the car. I just did that this fall
with no problem. The toughest part if you don't have the right tools is
replacing the bushings on the arms once you get them off of the car. I
had Ken Hand do my upper arms since I didn't have a press or the proper
spacer to do the job. The lower arm also needs a spacer to do it right
without getting the bushing in cocked.

Mike Kost