<VV> Front rebuild: Pull crossmember or not?

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 7 17:51:17 EST 2005

David,
My experience is with doing it in the car, so I can't speak to doing it out.

However, removal of the ball joints is deeply involved with huge amounts of
banging, whanging, cussing, and gasping for breath.  It's a form of violent
crime.  If any of my church members had been around the last time I did a
set, they'd have jerked my deacon ordination for sure.

I can't imagine doing it without the mass of the car to stabilize things.
(The mechanical things.  Nothing could stabilize ME while doing this.)

Roger Gault