<VV> Actual vs. advertised hp

Dave Morris BigD at DaveMorris.com
Thu Mar 10 10:54:57 EST 2005

William Wynne has built a dyno and is doing comparisons between Corvair
engines and certified aircraft engines.  He has already determined that the
Continental O-200 engine that is called a "100hp engine" really only puts
out 75hp net, and that the Corvair 110 puts out more than 75.  He has not
yet published all his data, but if you keep an eye on this page:
http://www.flycorvair.com/thrust.html you should be able to see what he has
been able to measure pretty accurately for Corvair engines with a prop
attached.  I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but might
provide some interesting insight that you don't otherwise have.

Dave Morris