<VV> Help anyone Info on Fiberglas top

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Thu Mar 10 12:41:10 EST 2005

I recently sold one along with a '63 convertible. I've been in Corvairs nearly 20 years and this was the second one I've ever seen. The attach to the car
with no modifications. Front header rail uses the factory points and the rear has two adjustable arms that grab under the rear chrome.

These were 100% aftermarket and very rare. I understand many long-time Corvair guys have never seen one.

Market price is difficult to gauge... I think a nice one (complete and cosmetically acceptable) would be more than $1000. Mine was complete but needed a
cosmetic resto.

Esquire made plastic hardtops for other cars as well, typically smaller British sports cars (MG Midgets, MGB, Triumph TR4/5/6/). The early Corvair is the
only top that I think they made for an American car... and apparently no one made one for a late Corvair.

Bill Elliott

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:15:58 -0600, Ursula Couture wrote:

>I'm seeking information on a after-market product , a fiberglas hard top that was producted and sold to be used on early Corvair convertibles, under the
trade mark "Esquire"   I  recently bought one from the family of a deceased Corvair Club member, they knew little of the history of the top, other than it was
somewhat "rare"      I did'nt know they existed, until a few months ago. Any info, would be more than  I have at this time.          Wally