<VV> Help anyone Info on Fiberglas top

Rick Loving ral1963 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 10 22:52:15 EST 2005

I have attached 2 pictures of the top (vv will strip them for everyone
else).  As everyone else has responded, they are not real common
anymore.  There probably were not that many made and sold to begin with
and they are easily damaged if dropped while taking off or putting on.
If you did not have adequate help or some kind of rope and pulley system
in your garage to raise and lower it, it would be difficult to handle.
In the last 5-10 years I have seen or heard of 3 for sale, I talked with
one owner who had one for sale for a while but could not negotiate a
price that I could afford due to the shipping charges and due to the
distance, picking it up was not feasible.

I have always wanted to get one for my vert, but I personally do not
like the overall looks of the Esquire tops.

It would be incredible if someone used their mounting system and molded
a different one from lighter material in a more appealing design.

Rick Loving
<SNIP>
Subject: <VV> Help anyone Info on Fiberglas top

I'm seeking information on a after-market product , a fiberglas hard top
that was producted and sold to be used on early Corvair convertibles,
under the trade mark "Esquire"   I  recently bought one from the family
of a deceased Corvair Club member, they knew little of the history of
the top, other than it was somewhat "rare"      I did'nt know they
existed, until a few months ago. Any info, would be more than  I have at
this time.          Wally