<VV> Anodizing car parts

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 10 23:07:33 EST 2005

Hi,

You might want to try:

Ampro Inc
390 Front Street, El Cajon, CA 92020
(619) 444-6171

I took some items into them and they did a real nice job and was very
reasonable at the time ~ 1995.  I took them in an early rear license plate
frame and a 1963 front grill bar.  They straighten them and anodized them.
Look better than NOS.  Make sure to specify clear anodizing though since
there appears to be different grades.  They also do zinc plating.  I took
them in all the parts on my 63 that were originally cadmium plated (I think)
plus the two anodized parts mentioned previously and I think it cost around
$85.00 for all of it!!

Apparently they do car parts all the time.  One word though, make sure they
are spotless clean if you send them to them, they told me they would charge
mega dollars to clean them if they weren't.  I sandblasted the steel parts
and the anodized parts were already pretty clean.

Hope that helps

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 UltraVan  #299 new to the herd!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, more to come!