<VV> Re: Pontiac Fuelie (No Corvair)

NOSVAIR at aol.com NOSVAIR at aol.com
Sat Mar 12 10:40:29 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/12/2005 1:06:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,

> Subject: Re: <VV> Re: Pontiac Fuelies ( No Corvair )
>

> Did the U.S. have Laurentians? The Canadian Pontiac line consisted of :
>
> Parisienne
>
> Strato Chief
>
> Laurentian
>

> NOS Vair is another Canuck he lives 20 minutes from me. Somewhat of an
> expert on many older cars due to working with his Dad for many years,
> (Collector car vendor). NOSVair personally collects Corvairs. Dad collects
> '30s stuff.
>

> Stan East

  Big emphasis on SOMEWHAT as some of my posts will prove <G>  With the debut
of the all new American Pontiac line in '55, Oshawa production followed suit
in their own special way.  Canadian built Pontiacs were based on Chevrolet
platforms using much of Chevy's drivetrain, chassis and body inner structure and
options specifications. One big difference in drivetrains was the 6 cylinder
261 CID engine offered as standard equipment (a Chivy truck engine). The top of
the line Laurentian was only built here in Canada unless you take into
consideration the CKD exports.  Parisienne took over as top of the line Canadian
Pontiac in 1958. This practise of building Chevy based Pontiacs continued in
Canada for years

Bruce Webster