<VV> Rocker moulding question

Songs by Steve Songsbysteve at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Mar 13 19:20:37 EST 2005

Hiya Groupies,

Turns out that Ebay item #7960570167 is located near where I live, so I went
to look today.  These rocker panel mouldings, are NOS in the original box.
They're the exact same length as the wider, "ribbed" mouldings on my '62
convertible, but they're narrower, about 3" and they're solid bright chrome
(no ribs).  Can someone tell me what the application is for these?  I can
inform the seller, so he can put this info on his auction.  There are
presently no bids, very likely because he used the term "OEM" instead of
"NOS".  If anyone is interested, it's possible that the plating is
separating from the base metal; when I pushed with my finger, there appeared
to be some "give", so it does appear that some separation has occurred.
Appearance-wise, however, they look just about mint.. never installed, and
in the box.. what's left of the box.  Check the auction.. I'm sure most of
you know exactly where these belong!  Please let me know.

Thanks much!!

Steve

Songs by Steve

-Personalized Songs