<VV> Another Corvair flips over

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Mon Mar 14 11:10:58 EST 2005

Someone has listed a wrecked '63 convertible on eBay that "flipped."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&?ViewItem&item=453545
6852

Intrigued, I sent some questions to the seller.  My interrogatories and his
answers follow:

<You asked:
"1. Was anyone hurt in the accident? 2. How did it happen to "flip?" 3. Did
the windshield frame hold up in the rollover as well as it appears to have or
has it been straightened out?

yeah, roy was pretty ground up. he had it flat on the floor around a 100mph
when a woman in the left lane deciced to take a right exit and turned in front
of himhe clipped her, and that spun him out he hit the retaining wall with the
right quarter and it catapulted the car in the air, landing on the off ramp
and slid 117feet upside down the windshield folded upin the car, I just pulled
it back up.>

Bill Stanley