<VV> Ulcers--not Corvair

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 23:08:44 EST 2005

Tony, and all the other ulcer victims,
Ask your doctor (or tell him if he isn't in the know)
about heliobacter pilori.I call it helecopter
bacteria. I suffered for about 10 years, and by suffer
I mean the scene from "Alien," before I ran into an
Army gastro doctor who didn't even want to hear my
story. He had just gotten back from the Mayo clinic
where this was the hottest topic in the field. He told
me that's what I had...period.
This stuff goes hand-to-mouth and mouth-to-mouth, so
have your wife tested also. The doc said you don't get
ulcers from stress at work or because your wife beats
you or the dog won't chase what you throw or because
you kick you goldfish.  You don't always get ulcers
from it, but if you have them, it is 98% certain this
is the cause.
Since I was tested four times and told I didn't have
ulcers, I didn't quite believe him, so for giggles he
scoped my gut. I have a couple nice Polaroids of three
ulcers, one of which was close to going melt-down.
A simple blood test tells you if you have the
bacteria. The treatment is one month on tetracyclene,
Pepto Bismol and one other thing I can't remember. You
go without booze for a month but there aren't too many
restrictions. So you have an ulcer, and a month later
you don't.
That was 15 years ago. No problems since then, thanks
to one smart doctor.

Chuck Kubin
"Captain Caffiene"