<VV> convertible purchase info - thanks

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Thu Mar 17 00:13:41 EST 2005

Hi Mike,

I took a look at all the pictures... And I can tell you that this car is in
rougher shape than my 64 spyder (I didn't have any rust to deal with) and so
far, I'm on the sunny side of $20,000 towards restoration so far and I've
done MOST of the work myself.  The only thing I've had farmed out is the
paint and body work.

If you are planning to restore this convertible... You have some work cut
out for you; there is a significant amount of time and money to be invested
in that car.

On the other hand, if you simply want something to drive that you can keep
running; this may be the car for you.

I'm not a late model guy... I like the earlies; but I LOVE convertibles...
Any year and almost any make and model... And the one you've taken pictures
of certainly appears to have potential if you have the time and money to
sink into it.

Frankly... Your best bet if you want a nice Corvair is to spend the money
and buy a nice one from someone who's restored one.  In the long run, this
will be significantly cheaper than trying to restore one yourself.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Joe West