<VV> convertible purchase info - thanks

Mike Stillwell yenko117 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 08:39:22 EST 2005

--- mhicks130 at cox.net wrote:
 I want one that
> doesn't have serious rust or body problems.  This
> one meets all that but...  I'd also like one that
> had a known running engine and functioning transaxle
> and brakes.  This engine may run fine but I don't
> know.  It has more rust around the windshield than I
> like.

 Don't be so sure - It's hard to tell without removing
the trim and glass to tell how bad the rust is or
isn't. I have a customer's car right now that looked
exactly like your pix. It was just a little surface
rust. The W/S frame on the car was excellent. I would
put money on that car being the same way. There is
virtuyally no rust apparent in the pix. If the lower
W/S panel was gone, so would the be the floors and
rockers.
 By east-coast standards, that is a good car, and you
could pay a ton more for body work to replicate it, if
you buy a car that someone already prettied (and
puttied) up.
 You can get running parts cars for 500, so if you
have to get one - you've got a running vert for 2500,
plus 500 for brakes, fuel system and a set of tire.
Seems like a good deal to me,

 Mike
 YS-117