<VV> Re:GROUP RED UPDATE?windy but you asked for it

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu Mar 17 18:18:03 EST 2005

well lon wanted corvair banter , here is some.  this week i took the
powerglide leaker/fluid projector out of my van. i took it all apart finding
nothing.well maybe slight clearance problen between front pump and cover ... i took
another one apart that supposedly was professionaly rebuilt but the low band
adujuster looked way out of place to me.  glad i took it apart, it is parts.  all
new stuff but the low band center section is burned off and a deep groove in
the housing it grabs. so i put the new seals and stuff back in. it is now on
the engine again after checking all tolerances carefully.  then i went to get
the engine ready to run on the jack..well i have to put another distrib in
because i have electronic ign   and the starter has a crack on the ear just about
1/2 inch in. darned old castings are getting finicky i guess.  tomorrow i may
get it running and check more out. hows that fer banter?
regards, tim colson