<VV> caulking material

Paul Michalczyk paulm at tdl.com
Fri Mar 18 02:04:12 EST 2005

I'm looking for a source for the light gray, soft caulking material used to bed various chrome and stainless steel trim parts on my 65 convertible.  Specifically, this material is found under the windshield pillar stainless trim pieces as well as the stainless trim were the convertible top attaches to the windshield.  It goes by various names, such as dumdum or its proper name which is "ribbon caulk".  This material does not harden like seam sealer.  It can be found in plentiful supply, but only in black.  I would like to use the gray material like the General used.  Any resource assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Michalczyk
the 268th LM made (a Corsa Convertible)