<VV> caulking material

Phil Ellis ellispj at cogeco.ca
Fri Mar 18 08:46:06 EST 2005

I use the Eastwood product. However, it is more a dark gray in color.

Phil Ellis

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Paul Michalczyk" <paulm at tdl.com>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 2:04 AM
Subject: <VV> caulking material

I'm looking for a source for the light gray, soft caulking material used to 
bed various chrome and stainless steel trim parts on my 65 convertible. 
Specifically, this material is found under the windshield pillar stainless 
trim pieces as well as the stainless trim were the convertible top attaches 
to the windshield.  It goes by various names, such as dumdum or its proper 
name which is "ribbon caulk".  This material does not harden like seam 
sealer.  It can be found in plentiful supply, but only in black.  I would 
like to use the gray material like the General used.  Any resource 
assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Michalczyk
the 268th LM made (a Corsa Convertible)
This message was sent by the VirtualVairs mailing list, all copyrights are 
the property
of the writer, please attribute properly. For help, 
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
This list sponsored by the Corvair Society of America, 
Post messages to: VirtualVairs at corvair.org
Change your options: http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/virtualvairs

More information about the VirtualVairs mailing list