<VV> caulking material

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Fri Mar 18 08:00:10 EST 2005

"...From: "Paul Michalczyk" <paulm at tdl.com>
Subject: <VV> caulking material

I'm looking for a source for the light gray, soft caulking material used to 
bed various chrome and stainless steel trim parts on my 65 convertible..." 
"...It goes by various names, such as dumdum or its proper name which is "ribbon 
caulk"..."    "...I would like to use the gray material like the General 


I use a product found at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. called "Rope Caulk". It is 
gray, molding clay consistency, and looks, works, and weathers substantially 
like the stuff the General used. Been using it for years with great success. I 
believe the last brand bought was "Fridge King".
Mike Mauro

More information about the VirtualVairs mailing list