<VV> Re: Was pictures of day 1

NOSVAIR at aol.com NOSVAIR at aol.com
Fri Mar 18 08:54:31 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/17/2005 9:11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,

> Awesome!
> Hey Joe, you know that little lip that hangs down under the front rolled
> pan? On my super low mile '64 500 coupe w/original red paint that lip was
> painted semi-gloss black. It made that area look much better, and was
> original, I believe.
> Keep up up the good work! Will you be in Portland?
>
> yea, Vairily ... Shaun

  Shaun,
  Is this a Canadian built car?  A few years back I had a '63 Monza sedan
(Canadian built, late '63 production, original paint car) that had this blackout
along the bottom rocker panel lip.  I don't recall noticing it on the front
splash pan though.  I figure different factories experimented with such things
trying to find the most aesthetically pleasing look.  Another unrelated oddity
that the '63 exhibited was it's horns mounted inboard, under the trunk pan ALA
'64 style.

Bruce Webster
'60 569
'61 727