<VV> belt problem

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Fri Mar 18 21:13:08 EST 2005

>From what I have experienced about, the belt throws out when:

1.- Crank pulley is wobbling. 2.- There is too much crankshaft end play. 3.- Belt has been badly stored (shows some distortion). 4.- Incorrect size (shows missalignment when looking from the idler pulley to the crankshaft).
If some other causes, would like to know. Never have used a spring loaded idler pulley.

Daniel Monasterio

<<I've got a call yesterday about a car which throws a belt a minute. It's a
'65 140 (with the secondary carb ports blocked off), but the engine has a solid
crank pulley. The belt guards are in place. The owner has tried most all types
of belts. I'm trying to help troubleshoot over the phone, so I'm not able to
watch it. The owner says everything appears to be aligned okay. Any
suggestions? Would the spring loaded pulley solve this?
Thanks,
The Carbmeister>>