<VV> Dummie DriveTrain

Philip Alotis alotis at comcast.net
Sat Mar 19 14:29:37 EST 2005

Perhaps Im a dummie but I think it depends how much you want to move the car and over what surface.
One of my 65s is presently without drive train or rear suspension and rolls around the garage quite well
with a piece of 6x6 douglas fir cut to fit under the rear "frame rails" on either sid eof the engine compartment
supported by a floor jack.  It even goes sideways. Front and rear wheel steering by just pivoting the floor jack.
A little lumber framing with some heavy duty casters also works well.

Sincerely,

Phil