<VV> LM windshield wiper motor question

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Sun Mar 20 17:18:04 EST 2005

How do I remove the 4-lobed cam that drives the windshield washer from a 1966 two-speed wiper motor?  The shop manual says "Drive cam can be pried off with using suitable tool (fig. 31)."  I've tried screwdrivers and a pry bar with no success.  I've even tried dousing it with penetrating oil, but no luck.  Is there some trick or "suitable tool" I need to know about or is more brute force all that's needed?  (As Daddy used to say, "If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.")

Thanks,

Jim McLott & Christine, the currently wiperless 1966 Monza convertible she-devil
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta
Member emeritus: Group Red