<VV> Our new Ultravan #299 made it home (long)

Ken Wildman k-wildman at onu.edu
Mon Mar 21 06:30:19 EST 2005

At 01:42 AM 3/21/2005, Dan & Synde wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>As I mentioned in a previous post, we went up to Oregon this past weekend on
>Friday to pick up our newest addition to our Corvair herd, Ultravan #299.
>The Ultravan more than lived up to our expectations.  The previous owner
>Steve Farrell had taken great care of it in the 10+ years that he owned it.

Dan:

Sounds like you got a very nice coach.

The one missing accessory for the complete Ultra experience is a CB so you
can listen to the trucker's comments.   :)

Calling an Ultra Van a "Whale on Wheels" came straight off somebody's
CB.  I've also had mine called "a loaf of white bread", a "motorhome for
midgets", and (of course) the "Oscar Myer's WeinerMobile".    When you
start giving the rest stop tours of the iinterior, be prepared for the
gasps of amazement at the amount of space crammed into that little body.  I
usually tell folks that Peterson's greatest engineering accomplishment was
making them bigger on the inside than on the outside.

They are great fun.  Enjoy!

Ken
U-338
Ken