<VV> Re: <Riviera-list> 65 AC leak in Texas

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Mar 21 10:27:36 EST 2005

Folks

Back in the old days, you could vent R12 to the atmosphere, and nobody cared.
Also, a can of Freon went for less than a dollar, same size can (if you have a license to buy it) now costs over 50.00.

AFAIK, it is against the law to sell any kind of R-12 leak detector.  Different types are available for 134A systems.

Just about any shop that does AC work can air charge a system, and use a 134A leak detector to find leaks. Doesn't cost much, and it is doubtful that O rings under the dash are causing a problem with 134A leakage.

HTH

Hank