<VV> Re: <Riviera-list> 65 AC leak in Texas

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Mon Mar 21 13:49:03 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "henry kaczmarek" <kaczmarek at charter.net>
To: "virtualvairs" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 10:27 AM
Subject: <VV> Re: <Riviera-list> 65 AC leak in Texas

Folks

Back in the old days, you could vent R12 to the atmosphere, and nobody
cared.
Also, a can of Freon went for less than a dollar, same size can (if you have
a license to buy it) now costs over 50.00.

AFAIK, it is against the law to sell any kind of R-12 leak detector.
Different types are available for 134A systems.

Just about any shop that does AC work can air charge a system, and use a
134A leak detector to find leaks. Doesn't cost much, and it is doubtful that
O rings under the dash are causing a problem with 134A leakage.

HTH

Hank
Where I work the mechanics use a dye we get from NAPA.  It is a liquid,
comes in small bottles.  I could get the NAPA part # if needed.
Mike Ioanes