<VV> Re: Where's all that oil coming from?

ronchoy at comcast.net ronchoy at comcast.net
Mon Mar 21 18:14:29 EST 2005

I removed the turkey roaster and found all the top cover bolts loose. The loosest was finger tight, the tightest was wrist tight. The fan is stuck to the bearing shaft, so I used an end wrench for the 8 obstructed bolts. I torqued the 8 reachable bolts to 20 ft lbs with a bit of thread locker.
  I once read that "a properly torqued faster will never come loose." I don't think it's true. I think the mechanic really did tighten the bolts correctly (2 yrs ago?)
  As luck would have it, while my sedan was in pieces, the 'vert's battery went blooey. I had to transfer the sedan's battery so I could go battery shopping.  Got me a new Autolite size 24F.  Good enough, back to two working cars!  :)
-ron 65,66