<VV> Re: How to clean engine lid insulation?

Ron Choy ronchoy at comcast.net
Tue Mar 22 19:21:30 EST 2005

After foolishly driving a dozen miles with the oil cap off, I cleaned
my (previously dirty) pad by wetting thoroughly with degreaser, then
spraying with a garden hose. The nozzle was set to "mist" which is a
gentle spray that won't disturb the loose fibers.  It worked really
well,
   In my case, since i couldn't remove the clips, I left the pad on the
engine lid and taped a dropcloth to protect the car and the engine bay.
  The dirt and oil came right out and the pad quickly drip dried.  -ron
65,66