<VV> Misc. Questions

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 12:41:27 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/23/2005 9:02:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
HallGrenn at aol.com writes:

> You are right in theory--you can make anything fit.  But the
> differential part of the transaxle will not work without major work.  The
> '65 and
> later differential took side loads off the drive shaft as part of the
> suspension design--the '60 through '64 allowed the drive axle to slide as
> the swing
> axle moved and weren't stressed by side loads the same way
***********

That's why you CAN  use a 65 or newer in a 64 or older....

BUT  you CAN'T  use a 64 or older.......yokes will slip out!  in a 65 or
newer!

******
 I once sold a guy a
'65 transaxle from a totaled Monza that, despite my reservations, he said he
could install in his '63 Monza.  "I can make anything fit........"  About six

weeks later I gave him his money back when he brought the transaxle back.
***

Was the guy on Drugs????  GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V