<VV> trailer tie downs (Corvair)

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 23 14:44:21 EST 2005

I don't trailer an EM, but I have been trailering my LM for 19 years
(coast to coast). I like to tie the tires down. I have a 2" strap that
runs from behind the rear tire, over the tire, under a roller in front
of the rear tire, under a roller behind the front tire, over the tire,
and into the ratchet in front of the front tire. I also use a couple of
2" boat transom straps to the lower control arms as safeties. This
system has served me very well over the years. It does help when using
this system to have wide tires (215-60R14 or 205-60R13) so that there is
plenty of rubber for strap placement and as with any tiedown system,
stop often (especially in the first few miles) and check the straps.

Mike Kost
SMCC