<VV> DAUGHTER'S 1ST CAR - FOLLOW FOLLOW UP

Levair at aol.com Levair at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 11:38:55 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/22/05 11:40:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

<< I only have one daughter.  She never crashed a car.  She was an A student.

I have one daughter also, who was a straight A student. No coertion possible
there to get her to drive responsibly.
   She had a perfect Corvair to drive -140, pretty in new purple.
   It came with a stick, she wanted an automatic. I changed it for her.
   After she wrecked it the first time and had to drive my 4 sp. rampside to
school , she wanted a stick. We practiced in an empty parking lot until she
was a master of the 4 sp.. ( she races some with me now- she's fearless) ) We (
her and I) changed her car  back to a stick; with her doing 90% of the work .
    My daughter was instructed never to drive it without  the fan belt, had
the tools , knew how to change it, and was instructed to call me if she didn't
want to change it. . Drove it home without the belt. She replaced the broken
cylinder head with her doing 99% of the work.
   The third time that she wrecked it, I enrolled her and I into an auto body
shop class. She repaired the car with me watching. It was a great father/
daughter experience. The guys in the class were WAY impressed with her as was I;
what a great trouper.
   My daughter recently graduated from college with two degrees-summa cum
laude; has a great job, and is having her second house built.
   She also has a Harley clone bike and a Jet ski.
   I think that it turned out great.
  Warren.