<VV> 66 a/c coupe worth?

Mike Moyer vairvert67 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 22:17:26 EST 2005

Question for the value guru's

I was asked what a 1966 Monza Coupe with A/C 110 powerglide be in same family since new was worth as the owner has decided he might want to sell it. since it was not driven much in last 10 years
It has been garaged all it life with no major rust just dings and scratched from garage rash. seats are starting to come undone due to stiching rotting. Has just gone through all new brake parts including rebuilt wheel cylinders new brake linings rubber hoses, gas tank replaced due to pin holes from moisture collected in bottom of tank, new sending unit, a few new seals due to smalll oil leaks, oil change with filter, Rebuilt Carbs, new trans fluid, front stabilizer bar bushings , nylon strut rod bushings inboard and new rubber out board, rear stablizer rod bushings,($1400 worth of reciepts last year to put back on road)

Has otto parts pan and valve covers, Dual exhaust, working A/C Am radio, tinted glass Has 70K original miles and all original paper work including bill of sale and protect o plate owners manual and other supporting paperwork.
Would need new paint as is pealing in some places but runs great shifts nice.
Would make a hell of a car for someone.Wish I had funds to buy myself but way to many other cars I need to finnish.

I deal with repairs and junk cars that I take apart and sell off to support my Corvair habit. Not usaully dealing with a car this good of shape.
Any one have a rough Idea what would be a fair asking price that he should start out at. I know with out seeing it is difficult but some Idea would be helpful.
It is near Pensacola FL and sounds like with will be available soon. If and when it does I am going to sugest it be offered here first

Mike Moyer
West Florida Corvairs #325