<VV> Differential adjusting sleeves---how to ID one when you see it

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 22:42:48 EST 2005

vairpair at att.net writes:

Lately  there has been a lot of talk about Posi- side adjuster sleeves, and
several  for sale on e-bay.  How do you tell one from another, if I had a whole
 box of side adjusters, how would I know which ones were for Posi and which
were for Std.  Would appreciate some help on this.   Thanks

Bob,
Only one side adjuster is different on the posi differential.  The  adjuster
on the side of the ring gear carrier closest to the back side of the  ring
gear.  It is identified by being only about an inch and a quarter  thick.  It is
thinner to allow room for the posi pack to fit inside the  differential case.

Ed Corson  (CORSA Member)
IECC