<VV> Pertronics vs Points.

jwcorvair at aol.com jwcorvair at aol.com
Thu Mar 24 09:28:02 EST 2005

 I had a problem with my Pertronics, which at the time seemed like it was a faulty fuel pump. My car, a 65 Corsa, would be running fine, then suddenly start surging as if it wasn't getting enough fuel. I replaced the fuel pump and the car ran fine for a few days, then suddenly would start surging and cutting out as if it was fuel starved. After replacing two fuel pumps I started checking the fuel system to see if I was getting any other blockage, but the entire system seemed fine and the pump was putting out fuel. Then I started checking the ignition system, some times I had spark, some times I didn't. I replaced the Pertronix with points and my car fired up immediately. I don't know if the Pertronix just wore out (it was a couple of years old) or if it was just faulty.

Joe White (62 sedan)
Boulder, CO
CORSA, RMC