<VV> Pertronics vs Points.

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 22:37:31 EST 2005

_emills5 at cfl.rr.com_ (mailto:emills5 at cfl.rr.com)  writes:

The 65  that has the Pertronics set up has a tendency to spin over several
seconds  before firing off, but the one with the points set-up cranks almost
immediately. (providing carbs are primed with fuel).  Is this normal for  a
pertronics set-up to be slow in firing off, or have I screwed something  up?

Cecil,
I have found just the opposite situation on my 65 110 and 65 140  engines.
They fire up quicker with the Pertronix systems.  The 110  uses the stock coil
with the resister in place and the 140 uses a high  energy coil with the full
12 volts applied.  The 110 has been running for  15+ years and the 140 has
been running for 10+ years with no failures.   Will never go back to points
again.

Ed Corson  (CORSA Member)
IECC