<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 2, Issue 183

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Thu Mar 24 20:54:10 EST 2005

I'm suprised it didn't turn smooth with 0.004 inch runout.
I think at one time Chevy's spec for a Tufftrided V-8 cranks was as much as 0.007 inch.

Kind of makes me wonder how round the journals were.
Straightening Tufftrided cranks with a press is risky.  Better is to peen the radiuses in the non-overlap areas with a contoured chisel.