Value increases, was: <VV> Greenbrier and corvair values (long)

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Fri Mar 25 11:55:50 EST 2005

Increases in value depend upon whether you are a "have" or a "have-not."
It's positive to the "haves," but only when they sell. But on the flip
side, it's a negative to the "have-nots" who desire to get into the
market. MAYbe it will spur the restoration of deserving project cars,
but restoration costs often exceed market gain, until the cars get
rediculous in value. Besides, nobody should get into car restoration as
an investment.

I'm like you, Joe. I tend to buy a car and keep it forever, rarely
selling. Which explains why I still have my '84 Impala and '95
Transsport, along with my "new" daily transportation, the '03 Cav. And I
still have the third Corvair I ever bought, my '67 convert, AND my fifth
Corvair, the infamous '69 Corsa.

-Mark C