<VV> Re: Value increases "transpo trash"???

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Fri Mar 25 17:50:12 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/25/2005 12:59:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca writes:

> While low priced parts serves all of these groups, higher priced Corvairs
> and
> their parts only discourages the "Transportation" 'vair owners, and while
> I'll probably offend some folks with this comment, what's wrong with seeing
> the "Transportation" segment get squeezed out a bit?  This group buys 'vairs
> cheap, does minimal work, (in many cases making a quality resto more
> difficult if the car ever gets to somebody that is truely interested in
> saving a 'vair) and flogs the car to within an inch of it's life.
************

It's Friday 2pm.....50 miles of boring road to get home......and I'm out of
Cigarettes....GGGGGG

Gee..sounds like those that started CORSA........read Rick's webpages....

Joel, it's all a matter of "mindset"

Corvairs are NOT Classics.....by the original meaning

Only a "fool" falls in love with a car! [ old carlot philosophy]

"A sucker is born every minute" [ P.T. Barnum ]

These "dudes / dudettes"  are balanced out by those that  buy / repair /
"fix up" to make Comfortable  /  reliable transportation

Most of US  keep cars for 10 plus years........most have NEVER  sold a
personal car that didn't run / wasn't licensed / was able to be driven away....witho
ut worry...they just look like 40 yr. old cars...........not something that
was never produced! [ over-restored ]

BUT   the price of Corvair parts is already so high, that I personally know
of a few that have started buying / driving 20 yr. old cars......VALUE!!!

Then there's the "low profile"  mindset.......those that don't want people
drooling over their car.....

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V