<VV> Re: Value increases "transpo trash"???

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 25 23:11:09 EST 2005

I respectfully disagree. Price an alternator for a modern car.  Check what
it costs to replace an o-ring on the dummy distr on a 3.4L Lumina/GP/etc
Ovhd cam engine...  Check spark plug wire costs for a modern V6...Buy a
starter for any modern car, like a Northstar.  Junk yard prices are
typically half retail or at best half wholesale.  Still several times what
replacement parts cost from a vendor.  Our prices are still relatively
cheap.  A 20 yr old car?  You can get those cheaper still, and if you have
access to decent salvage yards, you may be able to buy used parts pretty
cheap, but they won't be much cheaper than Corvair parts.

And believe me, I used to use nothing but Ultra parts....until I started
racing...and that is a whole 'nother story!

Chuck S
YS 73