<VV> RE: Corvair Values and "transportation" drivers

sherman sc.gossett at verizon.net
Fri Mar 25 18:05:26 EST 2005

Joel,

I can put myself easily into the transportation class of Corvair owners
that you mentioned. I am also not embarassed to say it. I drive a $200 4
door that has floors made out of scrap sheetmetal.

But also in my driveway I have a convertible that I am going to restore
completely. The cost of restoring a corvair is high. Not as high as
trying to restore a GTO of even a Mustang. But it does add up.

I do not own Corvairs to look at, impress my friends or to make a
political statement.I have Corvairs due to the fact I enjoy driving
them. I drive my Corvairs, daily. My 'vairs are my only cars. My wife
has a Lumina, that I drive on weekends to take her and the kids places.
Otherwise it is aircooled goodness all the way.

Perhaps those of us that use Corvairs as daily transportation are not
the best at upkeep. Some of those daily drivers are never touched. But
don't think that we don't love these cars. I know I do.

Sherman Gossett
'62 Monza 'Vert (soon to be a Spyder)
'62 700 4 door (soon to be dust)
'62 Monza coupe (soon to be parts)