<VV> Re: Value increases "transpo trash"???

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Fri Mar 25 23:41:13 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/25/2005 8:11:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
chsadek at adelphia.net writes:

> I respectfully disagree. Price an alternator for a modern car.  Check what
> it costs to replace an o-ring on the dummy distr on a 3.4L Lumina/GP/etc
> Ovhd cam engine...  Check spark plug wire costs for a modern V6...Buy a
> starter for any modern car, like a Northstar.  Junk yard prices are
> typically half retail or at best half wholesale.  Still several times what
> replacement parts cost from a vendor.  Our prices are still relatively
> cheap.  A 20 yr old car?  You can get those cheaper still, and if you have
> access to decent salvage yards, you may be able to buy used parts pretty
> cheap, but they won't be much cheaper than Corvair parts.

Sorry Chucky...you must live in the wrong place....and buy the wrong cars!
GGGG

FWD  is for suckers IE :  the masses....built to save / make the auto
industry $$$$$$$

If you'd stayed with  Front engine / rear wheel drive..old style
engines.....different world...

Take any pickup... Mustang / Crown Vic  BEFORE the 4.6L  POS  came in [
302!],  GM  S10 /15  vehicles 4.6L [260 - 3/4 350 sbc!]

Parts are a dime a dozen....but not at the dealer  or  your local shop that
HAS to mark everything up 300%  to make a living...

Take my  93 GMC  S-15  Jimmy [ Blazer]

Tires  4@$99  everywhere...Brake pads  $9.99-$25.00 . electric fuel pump  $69
  EGR [electronic $79.00], Battery $29.00  O2  sensor  $59.00
6 hole Fuel Injection module $239 / 45 min. to changeout [ dealer $800] ,
Shocks  $9.99  AT  any  cheapie  autoparts chain!

Don't fall for the "lifetime" BS.....it's just a warrantee  that hopes you
sell the car before it fails. [ 86%  do!]  Buy CHEAPEST!

Sold it to my Vair bud / benefactor for $2200  with 240k miles [ I drove it
200k ]  and he's smiling after 2 yrs./ 46k miles!

And don't tell me about "Cold Weather"  requires MORE / BETTER
maintenance.......I've been living in the snowbelt for the last 2 -1/2 winters...

2 mths ago..I dug my Vair out of 3 ft of ICE  cover.......cranked for oil
pressure..pumped gas...drove away!
EVERYONE was amazed..25 deg. F...no NEW  coil,  battery,  no snow tires...but
it of course drove over the ice easily!

Laughing in "soon to be warm Ultra Town"   ggggg

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V