<VV> Perimeter Seal Fix

vairologist at juno.com vairologist at juno.com
Sat Mar 26 14:16:04 EST 2005

> From: <UltraMonzaWest at aol.com>
> Subject: Re: <VV> "transpo trash" euphoria!
>-------------snip--------------
............do I cut a small piece of  Roof Flashing, left over from when
I made a
> "Muffler Heat shield" [ lighter and more sparkle that a stock piece!],
to cover
> the gap..and screw it to the PS retaining strip..using the existing
screws
> > You've got 3 guesses!  gggggg  After I painted it semi gloss
> black..you can't
> > see it! Good enough for the Peoples Choice Show at Portland!  LOL!!
Smitty says:  Gosh Matt I hate to spring this on you but that metal is
only flexible in one plane.  The engine has to move unless the mounts are
welded solid.  Even in the plane that is flexible it will quickly
fatigue.  In addition, during the absolutely horrendous miles going to
the convention it might vibrate off of there and get sucked down the fan.
Your welfare is my concern.  Beside that I am going to leave a note on
your car at Portland drawing peoples attention to the substandard fix .