<VV> RE: getting Vair Attention on TV

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sat Mar 26 13:47:10 EST 2005

I think we should target the "industry" not the Car! Not many are excited
when they hear "Corvair"

We need to find a "show", like "My Classic Car"  that goes to different
venues.....

an episode showing what it's like for a Vendor of Collector Car Parts. What
they go thru each day, finding parts, having parts made, packaging, shipping,
Customer Service......

It would just happen to be a Corvair Vendor......someone like California
Corvairs , Jeff Williams.  He has a fairly new / modern facility....does parts and
resto work...

He could elaborate on the "Competition", making people aware of the VAST
supply of parts / support.  He could let people know how hard it is for him to
keep current on the WEB, with all the Corvair forums / websites , information
available.

All the while Corvairs would be driving up with customers......one person
asking for a RARE   original part, another looking for suspension improvement
parts [disk brake KIT /swaybars / 18" wheels, etc.] An Ultravan owner.........A
Rampside and a Greebriar......and finally, Richard Aoki in his Rampside with
Blown SBC and SoCal Waterpumpers arrive in force.....get the picture.......

I know this is far fetched.......but in my way of thought.....the ONLY
possibility.......unless we have a member in the Forbes 500  who is willing to
bankroll a show. And HORSEPOWER SELLS!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V