<VV> Tire gurus - What kind of tires do I have?

aircooled6 at prodigy.net aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Sat Mar 26 14:56:12 EST 2005

Goodness! Sounds like some old tires.

The D means Diagonal which is what a bias ply tire was, diagonally crossed
plies.

C-78 was what I recall putting on my lates back in the 70s.

It was also a bias ply.  For a time they made CR78/13s but then they went to
the new method of identification the P185/80D13

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX